Monday, May 5, 2014

My Visit to Moorefield Intermediate and East Hardy Early Middle

Boys and girls, by now you have probably heard that I've have had an exciting week in Washington, D.C.! I am so excited to share that with you, but there are three other posts I must write first, You see, I don't want to leave out the other schools I visited in April, because they are special, too. So first I will tell you about the students I met in Hardy County, then those Kindergartners I spoke to at Geneva Kent Elementary in Cabell County, then  a special post which is a secret.

During Spring Break, I went with Mrs. Sponaugle to share my adventures with the students in Hardy County. This is a county in the Eastern Panhandle, not too far away from where I live in Berkeley County! Mr. and Mrs. Funkhouser were so nice to take us around to the other schools. I had a very busy day, but it was very exciting to meet so many new students! I spoke to third grade students at Moorefield Intermediate, and handed out my bookmarks with my favorite facts about West Virginia. After lunch, we went to East Hardy Early Middle School, and I met some very special second and third graders. They were very excited to meet me and my Sugar Maple Friends! I told them all about my favorite places in West Virginia, like New River Gorge Bridge and Blackwater Falls. Many of them had visited those places, too!  
Hardy County!

The only thing about my day that did not go so well was the weather. Can you believe that it was cold and sleeting, even though it was April? Sleet is a very cold rain that looks and feels like soggy snow. This little bear is ready for clear skies and green, leafy trees! No more cold for me - I am done hibernating for this year!
This is Mr. Funkhouser, the 2013 WV Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Hershberger, the 2014 Hardy County Teacher of the Year, and Mrs. Sponaugle

Morgan the Monarch Butterfly was excited to flutter by all the classrooms - because it's finally Spring!

I will place more pictures of my new friends in Hardy County soon, but I did not want you to think I forgot about you, so I made sure to get up early and write this post! My little bear eyelids are very droopy from all the excitement last week. Don't worry, Geneva Kent - I will write about visiting your school this evening, after I help Mrs. Sponaugle tell her students today about our week in D.C.!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment