Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Few Other January Adventures

I had a couple other adventures that I had to attend as the official travel buddy to the teacher of the year. I will try to keep this short, since I have written you a lot today about the things I have been up to in January.

One thing I have learned about Mrs. Sponaugle is that lots of people want to speak to her, or want her to speak! I think that's great, because she has lots of nice things to say about the teachers and students in West Virginia! Right after we returned from the State of the State,  a reporter from a news station called WHAG called us and wanted to do an interview. I was excited, because I had just done my first interview at the capitol and knew that as long as you just stayed calm, it's no big deal. So the very nice reporter stopped by Tomahawk to interview Mrs. Sponaugle, and asked if I had anything to say.
Here I am telling Bejoy Joseph all about my time in Charleston!

Unfortunately, my answers were edited out of the evening news. It was still fun to talk to Mr. Joseph and meet the students in Mrs. Sponaugle's math class. I bet she misses those kids.

Remember when I told you that Mrs. Sponaugle gets to speak to a lot of people. Well, one group of people she has been speaking to in Berkeley County is the Rotary Clubs. Those are people in the community that work together to do good things for others. I went with her when she spoke at the Morning and Noon Rotary Clubs, and I think the people liked what she had to say. One thing I like about Rotarians is that they have a special "Four-Way Test" they recite before all of their meetings. I like it because it's something that I think everyone should remember about treating others.
The Four-Way Test!

Excuse me, is the mic still on? I think we need to sing "The West Virginia Hills" before we leave!

Thank you for listening to our speech!

See, I told you I would keep this post short! You are now all caught up on what Berkeley has been up to since my journey began! I bet I will have lots to tell you about my February adventures, so please stay tuned!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment