Monday, March 31, 2014

Special Visits to Rosemont Elementary and the University of Charleston!

Boys and girls! I can let time get away from me like Harrison Honeybee on a warm summer day! I know a new month starts tomorrow (don't you go April Fooling everyone, you hear?), but I wanted to tell you about two more of my special visits to schools in March!

Earlier in the month, I went to Rosemont Elementary in Berkeley County for their S'more Reading Night! A s'more is a special snack made with graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. It's almost as tasty as my delicious honey! After the Rosemont Rockets put on their special Reading Night play, the students rotated to different reading stations - and I was one of them! I got to share my favorite book, M is for Mountain State. A big thanks to Mrs. Spataro's class helpers, who made sure my Sugar Maple Friends had everything we needed that night!
Rosemont Elementary is in Berkeley County - hey, that's me!

It was a very busy night - here I am resting with Clay in Mrs. Spataro's third grade classroom!

At the end of the month, Mrs. Sponaugle made a special visit to another college, the University of Charleston! She spoke to the student teachers - they will have their own classrooms in the fall, and Mrs. Sponaugle wanted to talk to them about becoming teachers! The room that she met the student teachers in had a wonderful view of one of my most favorite things ever - the state capitol building! Of course, I had to get a picture!
The University of Charleston's mascot is the Golden Eagle!

I practiced my very best listening skills while Mrs. Sponaugle was speaking. I can't say the same for Harrison Honeybee and Morgan Monarch.

Hey! It's me in Charleston!

Even though this has been a slow month for Berkeley, Mrs. Sponaugle has been very busy. I hope she remembers to hibernate every once and a while. April is going to be our very busy month, where we will go to many places, classrooms, and the White House! Do you think the president has ever met a little black bear cub? Maybe I will be the first.

I'm so excited to "spring" into some more adventures with you!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment